Indian Head Massage
What is Indian Head Massage
This is one of the most popular massages, and is a wonderful experience.
This treatment is performed sitting in a chair fully clothed, or with bare shoulders, making it a great option for those who are either new to massage, short on time or wishing to have a massage in the work place.
Indian head massage is a calming, deeply relaxing & de-stressing treatment, which concentrates on the head but also covers arms, shoulders, back, face and neck as these are the main areas where we store stress and tension.
It is available as a 25 and 45 minute treatment.
What does an Indian Head Massage do?
- Increase feeling of well-being, calmness & relaxation
- Improve circulation & relieve sinus problems
- Relieve muscular tension
- Improve cellular function
- Relieve physical & emotional stress
- Relieve eye strain & tension headaches
- Encourage hair growth
- Stimulate lymphatic system
Blissfully relaxing, Indian head massage is based on the ayurvedic system of healing which has been practiced in India for over a thousand years. It is a massage to the head, face, upper back, shoulders, arms and hands that relieves tension in the muscles; it can be relaxing, stimulating and invigorating. The massage covers important energy areas in the body, if you are feeling stressed or angry, tensions tends to accumulate. This tension can later show up as a stiff neck and shoulders, eye strain, and sometimes hair loss. Indian head massage relieves the buildup of tension, and also has an emotional effect; calming the person, promoting relaxation and relieving stress.
Circulation is improved as the massage increases blood flow; this brings nutrients and oxygen to the head and neck area, improving brain function and other organs in this area. Thinking and concentration can become clearer. The increased blood flow also means that there is an increase in toxins being picked up and removed.
Lymphatic drainage is increased, stimulating a healthier immune system and the removal of toxins. Sinuses are drained more expediently through the increased blood and lymph flow.
- Relieves muscular tension and pain caused by everyday life such as office jobs sitting at a desk for long periods of time.
- Increases blood flow to the head, neck and shoulders enhancing the delivery of oxygen and nutrients via the arterial circulation and the removal of waste via the venous return
- Slows down heart rate, helps reduce blood pressure
- Increases lymphatic flow in the head, neck and shoulders
- Relaxes the muscles and nerve fibres of the head, neck and shoulders
- Encourages the release of stagnant energy and restores the energy flow to the body
- Encourages cell regeneration, healthy hair growth, improving the condition of the skin and scalp
- Relaxes and soothes tense eye muscles relieving tired eyes and eye strain, giving sinus clearance
- Relieves Muscular tension and fatigue, increases flexibility, improves joint mobility posture, reducing stress placed on bones and joints
- Reduces stress and anxiety, encouraging to rest and relax
- Elevates mood, helps with emotional stress and repressed feelings
- Helps relieve mental fatigue, promoting clearer thinking and better concentration, and, creating a feeling of balance and calm
Indian Head Massage is great for people with any of the above needs ,muscle tightness,mental and physical strain, headaches, stimulation of the blood circulation and lymphatic drainage. Sleep problems and sinus or congestion.
It's a lovely experience and a very popular treatment. Many people come along to simply relax and gently treat any of the above ailments whilst enjoying a beautiful experience.